Chips have a long culinary history. Traditionally they are made from potatoes. The potatoes are sliced into thin pieces, seasoned for taste and flavor, then fried in oil. But chips can be made from a variety of different plants. It’s just a matter of slicing them thin and frying them appropriately. This dish calls for beets in place of the potato. The beet is a flavorful vegetable, and as such you will not have to season it the same way you do potatoes. You can rejoice in the sweet and sour tastes of the beets and know you’re eating a healthy snack.
If you are someone, who loves to binge on snacks then here is a dish that you would love to prepare at home and store for later uses! This is an easy-to-make snack recipe that you can even prepare for your kids, and they will happily eat it. Beetroot Chips or beet chips are an amazing dish that’s super-healthy and amazing in taste. This Continental recipe doesn’t require many ingredients and you can even skip ground rosemary. You only need beetroots, olive oil, salt, and pepper; however, you can choose herbs of your choice to make it more interesting and tasty. Also, if you are a bachelor who doesn’t have much time to prepare food for themselves and rely on the packaged foods, this is a must-try dish for you! The very reason for this is that these chips can be made in just 30-minutes. Also, these are super-healthy and nutritious and can even satisfy those midnight hunger pangs. So, what are you waiting for Try this easy recipe and enjoy it with your loved ones!
Chips have a pretty bad reputation as a healthy food choice. While it’s true that a large variety of potato chips are unhealthy and mostly packed with carbs, fried oil, and salt, there are healthy alternatives. A person can have that satisfying crunchiness of the classic potato chip while gaining some actual health benefits. The beets in these chips come with all manner of vitamins and nutrients, like vitamin C, phosphorous, and iron, just to name a few. Beetroot chips also provide some interesting health benefits. They can reduce birth defects; prevent certain cancers like skin, lung, and colon cancer; stimulate the liver, and even help with asthma.
Ingredients of Beetroot Chips
For Servings 4 People:
- 8 medium beetroot
- 1 teaspoon ground rosemary
- 4 pinches black pepper
- 4 teaspoon virgin olive oil
- sea salt As required
How to make Beetroot Chips
- Step 1
- To prepare this easy recipe, wash the beetroots and pat them dry. Cut the upper portion of the beetroot and cut thin slices of each beetroot in a large bowl. Meanwhile, preheat the oven at 190 degrees Celsius for baking beet chips.
- Step 2
- Now, take a large baking tray and brush it with a little olive oil. Add the chips to the tray and sprinkle a little salt and black pepper powder over them along with ground rosemary. Toss them lightly and then line them leaving a little space in between.
- Step 3
- Put this tray inside the preheated oven and bake these chips for about 15-20 minutes. However, check after 10 minutes as beetroot burns fast. Once done, remove the tray and take it out. Let the chips cool at room temperature and serve fresh. You can even store them in an air-tight container and eat afterward.